Not quite mastered the waterstart? Not riding upwind yet? Perfect practice makes perfect!
Practising to kitesurf after completing your course as a beginner can be frustrating and a physically exhausting experience. Our Upwind Boat Drop Off Service is the most efficient way to progress and refine your skills. Our experienced boat handler will take you away from crowded water and potential hazards giving you the freedom and space to practice, make and correct mistakes with peace of mind and at your own pace.
Available from 1st April - 1st November
€20 per person per circuit
- Under the constant surveillance of our experienced, certified boat handler. You will be dropped off upwind at a designated point in the open water approximately 1000m away from shore and your exit point is Kahuna Surfhouse.
- This is the most efficient and effective way to practice as a beginner. By utilizing our boat service you will avoid other beginners in the beginner and teaching zones. It removes the risk from any coastal hazards such as rocks and stones. Practicing in open water gives you freedom and space allowing you to drift downwind removing the stress of other nearby kitesurfers and obstacles.
- It is the most efficient use of your time and energy. The space in the beginner zones are restricted, therefore the distance you have to practise is limited. Normally you would be required to regularly walk back upwind to the starting point to begin your cycle of activity again. Being dropped off with our boat in open water avoids all of this, allowing you to spend more time under the kite perfecting your skills.
The benefits of the Upwind Boat Drop Off Service are invaluable! It is the most effective and efficient way to get yourself riding upwind and be able to call yourself an Intermediate Kitesurfer!
Concentrate only on the skills you are trying to master. Remove any fear, anxiety, frustration and exhaustion from your kitesurfing journey!
- Instruction not included
- Minimum IKO lvl 2I certification required
We strongly recommend this service for the following kitesurfers:
- Immediately after completing your course allowing you to practise the waterstart and short rides downwind
- Kitesurfers learning the to ride upwind in order to freely practise both directions with no other kitesurfers around you, removing the stress of potential accidents, tangling of kites or riding too close to shore.
- Kitesurfers wary of deep water to gain confidence and reduce any anxiety
* This service is subject to availability and drop off times will be allocated on a daily basis depending on the needs of the school.
- Use your own equipment or rent from our centre. https://kahunasurfhouse.eu/kitesurf/rental
- Our school is updated with new equipment every year – we are currently using 2019/20 RRD Kites and boards which are at the top of the brand league in their innovative design and safety features.
- All safety equipment – helmets, wetsuits, buoyancy aid can be provided by the school
- We can assist you in your first purchase of kitesurfing equipment at great prices
The benefits of the Upwind Boat Dropoff are invaluable! It is the most effective and efficient way to get yourself riding upwind and able to call yourself an Intermediate Kitesurfer!
Concentrate only on the skills you are trying to master. Remove any fear, anxiety, frustration and exhaustion from your kitesurfing progression journey!
We strongly recommend this for the following kitesurfers:
- Immediately after course completion to practise the Watertsart and short rides downwind
- Kitesurfers wary of open water and deep water to gain confidence and reduce any anxiety
- Kitesurfers learning the Upwind ride in order to freely practise both directions with no kitesurfers around you and no worry about accidents, tangling of kites, riding too close to shore etc.
Let's get you Kitesurfing!!