A specialised program designed by surfers and freedivers to help people increase their confidence in the water.
A specialised program designed by surfers and freedivers to help people increase their confidence in the water. Understand what the human body and mind experiences when underwater on a single breath or even without one. Be ready for any conditions the sea creates during watersports activities such as Surfing, Kitesurfing and Windsurfing.
- Physiology of respiratory system;
- Basic breathing techniques;
- Dry Statics; Statics in the water;
- How to increase CO2 tolerance;
- Ear equalization;
- Wave hold down simulation;
- Rescue skills and Buddy Supervision.
- SUGGESTED DURATION OF THE PROGRAM: 8 hours
- PREREQUISITES: swim 200 m
- OPEN WATER SESSIONS: 2
- MAX DEPTH: 5 m
- AVAILABLE AS JUNIOR PROGRAM
- SMALL GROUPS - 4 persons!
Surfing, Kitesurfing and watersports in general are becoming ever more popular in Cyprus. And with these sports a respect and a knowledge of the power and beauty of the Sea goes hand in hand. We may only be semi confident swimmers, we may panic in the 'washing machine' a wave creates, we may be need to dive a couple of metres underwater to perform a rescue, to avoid an obstacle.
This course is a MUST for everyone that is thinking of starting a watersport or who already enjoys the Sea on a regular basis. The objective is to have a confidence and a knowledge on how to deal with a chaotic situation underwater. The breathing techniques, the assimilation exercises and the rescue practise will give you the tools to enjoy the watersport at a higher level!